MISSIONARIES TO THE PEOPLE OF CHILE
Click on the image above to view and/or download our prayer card
"For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again."
- II Corinthians 5:14-15 -
My name is Philip R. Robinson. My wife Brenda and I are missionaries to the people of southern Chile, South America. I received the LORD JESUS CHRIST as my personal Lord and Savior on June 21st, 1991. On February 21st, 1993, the LORD called me to preach, serve, and live unto Him alone. Before being called to the foreign mission field, the LORD allowed me to minister in nursing homes, juvenile facilities, lead a men's Bible study, pulpit and street preach regularly, help start a local church in Hialeah (Miami) Florida, and serve as Treasurer, Sunday School Superintendent, and Teacher (as did my wife) in that church. In further pursuit of the LORD’s will, I attended the Pensacola Bible Institute (P.B.I.), Pensacola, FL, from September 1998 through May 2001, graduating with a Bachelor of Divinity degree. Having dealt previously with me about foreign missions, during a special time of prayer and fasting in late 2002, the LORD made it clear through Scripture and circumstance that southern Chile, South America, was the direction and field that I should investigate. My family and I took a survey trip throughout the region in December 2002, where the LORD confirmed our calling to the Chilean people. We applied to and were accepted by Bible Baptist Mission, Inc., Pensacola, FL, and set out on the road to communicate our burden and calling to local churches throughout the United States. After 20 months of deputation in the U.S., we arrived in Valdivia, Chile (500 miles south of Santiago) on November 1st, 2004, and immediately dedicated ourselves to learning the language, the culture, and the spiritual realities of the people to whom the LORD had sent us. During the subsequent 8 years, by the grace of GOD and the consistent execution of His Scriptural methodology, as summarized by the Apostle Paul in Acts 20:20, our ministry throughout the region witnessed the first-time Biblical profession of saving faith in JESUS CHRIST of over 600 souls, the raising up of 2 local, independent, Bible-believing Baptist churches (in the city of Valdivia and in the town of Paillaco), the establishment of a seminary-level Bible Institute, and the graduation of its first class of 4 students, one of whom was subsequently ordained into the pastorate of our second local church, and who is now pastoring both churches in partnership with our other ministerial trainee/Institute graduate. We then returned to the U.S. for an extended furlough throughout the country, visiting all of our supporting churches and meeting many new ones, for the purpose of “rehearsing all that GOD has done with us, and how He has opened the door of faith unto the Chileans,” as well as to present the LORD's direction and goals for our ministry upon our return to the field. We returned to the field in May 2015, and from that time until June 2019, were fully engaged in continuing to “strengthen and stablish” the 2 now-autonomous local churches (by invitation of their national pastors), regular itinerant public ministry evangelism both publicly and house to house in about a dozen other towns and villages throughout the region (with a view always towards the planting of another local church), and the reinitiating of our Valera Bible Institute, culminating in the graduation of the second class of 5 students, 3 of whom are young men called to the ministry. Additionally, we were able to welcome new missionaries from the U.S. to work with us and train under our ministry: the Vince LaRue family, church planters like us, and Sister Sarah Cagle, missionary teacher and children’s worker. With them, the LORD allowed us to lay the spiritual groundwork for what promises to be the third local church resultant of our ministry in Chile, in the city of Osorno, under Bro. LaRue’s initial missionary pastorate. Having fulfilled the work which we were called to do in that part of the country, the LORD has led and provided for us to begin anew the same labors in the southernmost area of Chile (and the world, practically): the Magallanes and Antarctica Region, currently starting in the city of Punta Arenas, and working with yet another new group of missionary church-planters: the Derek Hansen family. There is essentially no established Independent Baptist or Bible-believing presence in this part of the world, and so we exhort you to pray with us for the multi-faceted efforts in which the LORD JESUS CHRIST has us actively engaged towards that end, as we assay to be used of Him for the furtherance of the Gospel in southern Chile…“and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Thank you for your interest in our ministry, and for your prayers; may GOD bless you and yours.
• in the verbal inspiration, preservation, and absolute authority of the Holy Scriptures, that being the Holy Bible, which is the very word and words of God, which, for English-speaking people, is the King James Bible (AV 1611), the outstanding representative of which is the Edition of 1769, and for Spanish-speaking people, is the Reina Valera Bible (RV1602), the outstanding representative of which is the Edition of 1865 (RV1865).
• in the one true and living God revealed in the Bible, and in the triune nature of the Godhead: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; one God, manifest in three persons.
• in the absolute Deity, virgin birth, substitutionary death and atonement, bodily resurrection, and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ.
• in salvation being only by grace through faith in the Person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ, contingent on the individual sinner’s repentance from sin and belief on Christ.
• in the eternal security of the believer.
• in the visible, bodily, personal, pre-Tribulation Rapture and pre-millennial return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
• in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved in Heaven and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost in Hell.
• in the local Bible-believing Baptist church as God’s method for this age.
• in the testimony of the believer taking a stand APART from the world and AGAINST ecumenicalism, modernism, liberalism, neo-orthodoxy, neo-evangelicalism, the charismatic movement, and all other forms of non-Biblical “Christianity.”
• in the Great Commission to preach the gospel to every creature.